KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS’ GENERAL SECRETARIAT: –
The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the national administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which KCCB undertakes all responsibilities which express the KCCB mission in Kenya. KCCB is the prime recipient of a grant entitled KCCB-ACTS (Accelerate, Transition, Sustain) awarded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). KCCB is seeking candidates to fill the position of Senior Technical Advisor/Medical Officer – Adult Care, Treatment, Retention & CQI.
KCCB-ACTS/09/2023/2– SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR / MEDICAL OFFICER – ADULT CARE, TREATMENT AND RETENTION AND CQI.
JOB PURPOSE: –
The Senior Technical Advisor ( Adult Care and Treatment lead) will work with the KCCB ACTS Deputy Program Director-Clinical Services in providing technical oversight for activities intended to strengthen the capacity of supported health facilities, project technical teams, and other stakeholders to effectively deliver integrated and quality care & treatment services including Pediatric, TB/HIV, PMTCT, VMMC, Adolescent and Adult HIV Care & Treatment.
- Lead in development and oversight of program weekly, monthly and quarterly Care and treatment work plans.
- Working in collaboration with Deputy Program Director-Clinical Services, to support health facility and program teams in development of integrated HIV/TB facility interventions and work plans and oversee their implementation.
- Collaborate with S/CHMT, project technical staff and supported health facilities to strengthen the CD4, VL lab and sputum samples networks in supported sites, ensuring timely collection of relevant lab samples for diagnosis and for monitoring treatment outcomes.
- Provide support in implementation of continuous quality improvement projects to improve quality of services in supported sites.
- Work in collaboration with S/CHMT and other project technical teams to conduct targeted site supervision visits to KCCB ACTS supported health facilities for technical assistance, capacity building and mentorship of HCWs.
- In coordination with county teams and HSS Lead, identify training needs and support implementation of relevant training modules targeting medical staff and other HIV providers.
- Supervise and support technical advisors/component leads in their routine weekly site supportive supervision along with County and sub county HMT members to ensure quality service delivery.
- Take lead in monitoring the progress in linkage of newly identified PLHIV to care & treatment, ART initiation, OI management, viral load suppression, and retention and cohort outcomes for adults, adolescents and children.
- Provide support in adult Advanced HIV Disease management, Cervical cancer services and differentiated service delivery models in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Work closely with the M&E team to support in monitoring achievement of program targets.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery (MBChB) from a reputable University, and dully registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council (KMPDC).
- A degree/Diploma in Project management or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with CDC funded HIV projects; at least 2 years of senior management level experience.
- At least 3 years progressive knowledge with HIV Medicine and Familiarity with USG rules and regulations specifically in managing CDC funded programs.
- Evidence of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highest level of professionalism, and integrity
- Good knowledge of Social Teachings of the Church
Application should be addressed to: –
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS-GENERAL SECRETARIATP.O BOX 13475-00800
Please apply online through the following portal:
To reach him on or before 11th October 2023
Candidates to only submit application letter and CV (as one document). Academic certificates and testimonials will be needed if candidates are shortlisted.