Hr & Admin Officer
VACANCY REF: KCCB-ACTS/11/2023/3
HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER.
Duty Station: Kisumu
JOB PURPOSE: –
Reporting to the Program Director, the Human Resource & Administration Officer will work closely with the Human Resource Manager in providing human resource support for effective program implementation while coordinating HR practices that will promote a conducive working environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: –
1. Recruit, select, place and on-board, conduct background checks for Program staff.
2. Administer employee benefits programs and oversee the implementation and monitoring of occupational health, safety and other initiatives for wellness of staff.
3. Work closely with the finance department on payroll management, HR Departmental budget, internal and external HR audits.
4. Assist to review and update job descriptions and HR policies.
5. Coordinate staff wellness initiatives and other staff engagement for a conducive working environment
6. Work closely with the HR Manager for implementation of a compensation strategy for all program employees based on market research and pay surveys.
7. Coordinate Performance Management processes and improvement strategies in liaison with the supervisors and in consultation with Program Director & HR Manager.
8. Ensure compliance to employment regulations/labour laws of Kenya and any other government staff statutory requirements and in compliance with organization and the US Grant regulations.
9. Advise and oversee the management of any grievances and disciplinary matters to enable Line Matters manage employment matters effectively as per the organization policy.
10. Manage HR records for all program staff both physically and digitally ensuring utmost confidentiality.
11. Provide advice and support to Managers and staff on human resource related matters.
12. Prepare HR monthly reports, management Committee papers for Board and annual National Employment Authority returns in a timely manner.
13. In liaison with the Line Managers ensure records of timesheets are maintained either digitally or physically as per the donor requirement.
14. In liaison with the Line Managers ensure records of timesheets are maintained either digitally or physically as per the donor requirement
15. Manage an effective Human Resource Information System
16. Provide advisory support on human resource to the affiliated health facilities thus ensuring that the HR function is administered as per the policies and grant regulations thereby minimizing litigations.
17. Through Program Officers support KCCB-ACTS Facilities in ensuring staff records are maintained.
18. Work closely with the Program Officers and Grants Officers to facilitate the review and submission of HRH reports both at the Central and facility level as per donor regulations.
19. To keep track of facility monthly payrolls and note any HR changes for the required replacements.
20. Keep abreast of HR trends, best practices, changes in the Employment Act and new technology. Build formal and informal networks with other HR Professionals.
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER DUTIES: –
1. Ensuring that the office is kept clean at all times, office orderliness is maintained with a professional outlook.
2. Ensuring that the office meets fire, health and safety requirements.
3. Identifying and allocating office space, equipment and furniture.
4. Following up for maintenance and repair of office equipment, facilities and buildings.
5. Assisting in the facilitation of security, fire, life safety training and briefings for all staff.
6. Identifying and recommending obsolete assets for disposal.
7. Protecting the centre’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues.
8. Ensuring the security, safety, and well-being of all personnel, visitors, and KCCB-ACTS premises.
9. Responding to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees and visitors.
10. Ensuring safe staff working practises and customer safety procedures strictly followed by all.
11. Performing any other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION: –
Academic and professional Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related field.
• Diploma in Human Resource/Business Management or related field.
• Be Registered with Institute of Human Resource Management and in good standing.
Length of Experience
• 3 (three) years’ experience in a similar position
• Professional Certification in Human Resource Management (CHRP-K) will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of using a HR system will be an added advantage
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to work with different temperaments and diverse
• Supervisory skills
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
• Leadership skills
• Communication skills
Other Personal Attributes; –
• Result oriented
• Attention to details
Applications to be addressed to: –
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS-GENERAL SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
Please apply online through the following portal: –
To reach him on or before Friday, 1st December 2023 by 5PM.
Candidates to only upload an application letter detailing their suitability and a copy of their CV (as one document). Please quote the Vacancy Ref. of the Position you are applying for on your application Letter.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED