MEL Officer II
VACANCY REF: KCCB-ACTS/11/2023/4
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer.
Duty Station: Kisii/Migori
Reporting administratively to the respective Program Officer and functionally to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager. The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer will be responsible for providing monitoring and evaluation support to KCCB ACTS supported health facilities. S/he will coordinate all field-related MEL activities and provide constant feedback to both the technical and project teams including health care workers. S/he will also lead capacity building initiatives for KCCB ACTS and partner staff in data collection, quality, visualization use, and reporting.
1. Provide technical support to facilities in their respective regions to increase their capacity to manage and analyze data and exchange/share information among themselves.
2. Design, implement, analyze and prepare monthly and quarterly program reports for the respective regions
3. Act as a link between KCCB ACTS central team, sites and CHMTs on all health data related issues.
4. Provide technical support to KCCB ACTS -supported health facilities in collection, collation, analysis and reporting of health information to relevant stakeholders using national reporting systems.
5. Contribute in the review and/or development of monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that are responsive to data needs.
6. Organize and/or participate in M&E related capacity building activities targeting KCCB ACTS site staff; and other stakeholders.
7. Work closely with other KCCB ACTS staff and stakeholders to strengthen systems for monitoring patient outcomes; monitoring quality of care; tracing patients who default; data quality assurance; and data collection, collation, analysis and dissemination.
8. Provide expertise in developing and/or review of indicators for monitoring and evaluation of program performance.
9. Ensure timely and proper implementation of the MOH’s monitoring and evaluation guidelines including roll-out of new tools across all KCCB ACTS -supported facilities.
10. Strengthen data utilization for decision making at facility and zonal level. 11. Participate in research studies that may be undertaken by KCCB ACTS or any of her collaborating partners.
12. Provide technical lead in quarterly data feedback to KCCB ACTS central team and health facilities.
13. Participate in joint quarterly support supervision of health facilities by CHMTs and KCCB ACTS.
14. Provide advice to MOH through participation in relevant technical working groups.
15. Document best M&E practices and disseminate the same to relevant stakeholders.
16. Provide lead in timely collection, cleaning and reporting of quarterly and other routine data to donors and other stakeholders.
17. Respond to ad hoc requests for collection and analysis of data when need arises.
18. Participate in regional and national stakeholder’s forums or conferences on health and give presentations during these meetings.
19. Carry out any other essential tasks related to KCCB ACTS and General Secretariat’s goals that may reasonably be assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION: –
A detailed description of the minimum and desirable level of education
professional qualifications, experience and personal attributes.
• Minimum of a degree in Information Technology/statistics/health records and information from a recognized institution.
Length of Experience
• At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV and HTC programs in Kenya
• Deep knowledge, understanding and experience in MOH and PEPFAR reporting requirements including DATIM and DHIS.
• Working knowledge of KenyaEMR a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Knowledge of M&E issues related to improvements in quality integrated health services and support programs, particularly programs focusing on HIV and TB.
• Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
• Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2
Other Personal Attributes: –
• Team Player
• Drive for result
• Inspirational Skills
Applications to be addressed to: –
KENYA CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS-GENERAL SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
Please apply online through the following portal: –
To reach him on or before Friday, 1st December 2023 by 5PM.
Candidates to only upload an application letter detailing their suitability and a copy of their CV (as one document). Please quote the Vacancy Ref. of the Position you are applying for on your application Letter.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.